Monday 25 August 2014

#LesMisWeek: The Les Miserables tag


In honor of #LesMisWeek here on The Bookshelf I thought I'd attempt to create my own tag .... There are 10 questions all related in some way to Les Miserables. In this post I have only put the questions as I would love as many people, book bloggers or not, to answer the questions, take a screen shot and share them with me and everyone else using the hashtag #LesMisWeek and then Monday morning I will post the responses to the tag along with my own answers. I hope that makes sense, but more importantly I hope you enjoy it! :) In short, I TAG YOU ALL!

Note: when I use the phrase 'which character', or something to that affect, I mean from any book you've read. Not necessarily Les Mis. 

1) Members of the ABC read a lot and what they read helped to shape their belief  that revolution was needed. What book have you read that has made you want to change the world?

2) Jean ValJean has been described as the greatest literary character of all time and the majority of people love him. However, he's a criminal and maybe we shouldn't. what book character also poses a similar moral dilemma?

3) Les Miserables is a big book (1232 pages in my edition) but it didn't read like one. Which book did you expect to be a long read but wasn't despite its size?

4) Marius and his grandfather had opposing political views, leading to them not speaking, however in the end differences were forgiven. Which character have you initially disagreed with but forgave and actually liked by the end of the book?

5) Gavroche has only a small part in the story and yet does something very important at the barricade. Which minor character, from any book, do you believe deserves more credit?

6) Eponine is the victim of unrequited love. Which book character are you in love with but know you could never have because they're in love with someone else?

7) Cossette wishes she could go to her castle on a cloud so as to escape the terrible realities of her life. If you could escape to any fictional place where would it be?

8) Javert tirelessly pursues Jean ValJean consumed by the belief that he will succeed until something happens that prevents him from bringing him to justice, leaving him bitterly disappointed. Which book do you feel had the most disappointing conclusion?

9) There are some characters in Les Miserables, such as Eponine, whose stories make you want to know more about their background. What character would you love to know more about?

10) Which character from Les Miserables would you most like to meet and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment