Saturday 20 December 2014

University, reading and blogging ...

So its been a while since I've done this; sat down with my laptop and felt like I had something to blog about. The regular visitors among you may have noticed that I haven't posted anything since October and that I haven't posted a 'This month I've read' since the beginning of September. I am really sorry for this. In September I began my first term of university which means that August was dominated by anxiety, planning, shopping and trying to get my head around everything that was happening and September was dominated by moving in, adjusting, lectures, seminars and getting used to once again doing academic work.

In September I read 2 books. In October I read 1. In November I read 2.

There has just been very little time for reading, and therefore very little material for blogging. I can't guarantee that things are going to be different in 2015 as I am well aware that the workload at university is going to get heavier but I do hope it does and I am going to try my very best to set aside some time for reading, hopefully blogging will follow. I love blogging but if there is one thing I have learnt is that it can't be forced - hence the fact that I am making no promises.

I never expected such drastic changes to my reading habits. I feel less inclined to read, I feel less inspired by the books with me - there is a lot less storage in my student room and so I have a lot less books with me than I would like - I feel restricted and boxed in. But! It's Christmas soon, and I am on a break from uni! I can feel my buzz for reading returning (I read Solitaire by Alice Oseman this morning!) and this makes me very excited!

I will be posting a 2014 up post, which will include a look back at the 'Reading resolutions' I made for this year and my reading challenge on Goodreads. I will also try and post a collective  'This month I've read' for September, October, November and December.

If anyone else in university has experienced changes in their reading habits and/or tips on how to balance university work with reading please share :)

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment